Sunday, May 07, 2006

Left Over S


Digital Art Iaponia
Originally uploaded by just_stratos.
Waking up to
6 am breakfast
composed of
last night’s supper;

I stumble around
shifting blinds
to keep the sun
from intruding.

I do my best
to make myself
appear
healthy.

(Mother
always said
if I look well,
they’ll never know.)

Once again
a late alarm clock
informs me
to bring an umbrella.

I march
out the door
and prepare
to face the battleground.

8 am
Corporate Japan
attempts to
lift my skirt.

I tell them
business suits
hardly get me off
anymore.

10 am a customer
informs me
I don’t quite understand
my occupation.

I inform her
minimum wage
doesn’t
require a lot.

Noon comes
and goes;
I couldn’t seem
to find my appetite.

At 3 I inhale
nicotine from a
well marketed
product.

5 pm
I’m set free;
knowing there’s
nowhere to migrate.

I’ve realized
my umbrella
has served
no purpose;

proving
it’s not
always best
to plan ahead.

I make
my way home
to fall asleep
during infomercials.

I’ll lay there
until morning
convinces me
otherwise.


And I wonder when I’ll stop settling for leftovers.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Ici est decrite la vie d un homme seul dans une ville inconnue.
Cet homme, je le connais que depuis 4 mois, mais je sais deja ce qu il a endure, ce qu il endure, ce qu il devra encore endurer.
C est la vie des gens comme nous, qui avons choisi de fuir quelque chose qui nous echappait.
Rester est une folie, rentrer l est encore plus.
Tokyo n est pas la bonne ville pour oublier, cette ville est remplie de gens comme nous qui nous rappelent qui nous sommes.
J espere que malgre cette fatalite, nous arriverons a surmonter.

Pour Stratos, et pour nous, etres perdus dans un monde incomprehensible